JOB SUMMARY: Develops, writes, and edits material from engineering or other related technical specifications for reports, briefs, proposals, instruction manuals, catalogs, and other technical publications in a form that is useful to the customer of a particular product, device, or system.
Key Skills and Experience:
- Minimum of 5 years Technical Writing experience in a defense, automotive, construction or manufacturing industry.
- Ablility to read and understand mechanical and electrical engineering drawings required.
- Must have experience in use of Adobe FrameMaker software, Arbotext, HTML, or other desktop publishing software.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills required.
- Must be self-motivated and able to work independently.
- Ability to multi-task on multiple projects required.
- Must possess a good understanding and working knowledge of mechanical and fluid systems.
- Must have knowledge of maintenance practices and standard maintenance terminology.
- Must have a strong understanding of process flow and manufacturing systems.
- Direct experience writing technical military operating and maintenance procedures per military standards (MIL-STD) desirable.
- Experience with heavy equipment, military vehicles, trucking and/or automotive equipment is desirable.
- Experience with IETM technical manual development is helpful.
Helpful Additional Information:
These are contract positions that would be located in many different areas within the US, with contract duration varying from 2 - 24 months or longer.